Award-winning producers specialising in strong storytelling and beautiful sound design.
We make everything from traditional radio docs to GPS location phone apps. Our clients range from the BBC to the National Trust. Some stuff though we make just for ourselves, for fun.
We've won a load of awards between us, but they are usually for our innovative approach to feature-making, our creative use of sound and our ability to pick out killer stories that will make you laugh or cry.
And why Phantom? Well that’s how we power our microphones, of course!
Lucy Greenwell is an award-winning independent producer and reporter, specialising in speech radio, human stories and tales of the unexpected. She has made BBC features for Radio 1, 2, 3 and 4, as well as for 5Live and the World Service, across a wide range of subjects, from the arts, social issues and politics. Most recently she series produced the long-running and multi-award winning series Jon Ronson On... for Radio 4.
She has made Sony-nominated Guardian features, Economist podcasts, and made forays into film, including internet series Esc & Ctrl with Jon Ronson, which was downloaded over 10 million times.
She is founder of Lives on Record, a bespoke interview service for private customers, the highest quality recording of their life and stories, which has attracted rave reviews from the Financial Times, The Telegraph and the Daily Mail.
Francesca Panetta is a multi award-winning producer and sound artist. She started her career at the BBC as a trainee sound assistant, moving across to radio where she worked for the next five years. In 2006 she left to work at the Guardian newspaper's newly formed audio department and has worked in the multimedia department since then in various role, currently working as Special Projects Editor leading on innovation in storytelling and new platforms.
Francesca still works as an independent producer and sound artist and has won awards nationally and internationally including four Sony Radio Academy Awards, two New York Festivals Awards, and two Radio Production Academy Awards. In 2012, she was named a TechCity insider.
Francesca talks around the world about digital storytelling and innovation in audio.
Matt Hill is a multimedia producer specialising in project management. Originally a theatre producer, he has initiated projects for Channel 4 Television, BAFTA and the Guardian, and produced programmes for BBC networks including Radio 1, 1Xtra and CBeebies. In 2009 his internet drama was nominated at the Sony Radio Academy Awards.
As a games writer, Matt also devises bespoke treasure hunts for companies and charities using GPS technology and good ol’ fashioned code-cracking.
David Waters is an independent audio producer and journalist.
As an audio producer David has worked on productions for the BBC and produced sound walks for location-aware sound walk company Detour.
He specialises in sound rich true story telling, producing the audio cast rawcast.org and working with In The Dark, collaborative group of radio producers.
As a reporter David has produced work for the Associated Press and provides economic and political analysis for international organisations and NGOs.
- Webbys x 4 (2015)
- European Media Award (2015)
- Amnesty Media Award (2014)
- Adobe Cutting Edge Award (2014)
- Silver: Society for News Design (2014)
- Walkley Award (2013)
- Shortlisted: Artangel Open (2013)
- Nominated: Sheffield Documentary Festival Innovation Award (2013)
- Winner: Prix Europa, Best Radio Concept (2012)
- TechCity Insider100 (2012)
- Gold: Sony Radio Academy Awards (2010)
- Gold: New York Festivals Program Awards (2010)
- Grants for the Arts: Arts Council Hackney Hear (2011)
- TechCon Technical Innovations Award, Radio Academy (2011)
- Silver: New York Festivals Awards (2013)
- Silver: Sony Radio Academy Awards (2012)
- Silver: Sony Radio Academy Awards (2011)
- Silver: Sony Radio Academy Awards (2008)
- Runner Up: BBC Drama Awards (2011)
- Nominated: Prix Europa (2011)
- Nominated: Sony Radio Academy Awards (2011)
- Winner: Best Online Producer, Radio Academy Production Awards (2010)
- Winner: Creative Award, Radio Academy Production Awards (2010)
- Nominated: Webby Awards, Online Film and Documentary series (2010)
- Winner: Best Podcast, Associate of Online Publishers (2007)